Thursday, December 29, 2016

Isn't This Where We Came In?


Hey guys! 

In case you haven't noticed, I've been gone for a bit. An extremely long bit, actually. I had a pretty hectic semester and the only time I got to see the computer was for typing up 50-page assignments. So, yeah...it's fabulous to be back, and I hope you accept my humble apologies!


As 2016 closes out, I'm looking back on this year with a full heart and a determined spirit. We can't say it hasn't been eventful. From the tragic, the scary, the fun, and the just plain bizarre moments, I can truly say I'm ready to put this year behind me. Of course, there were so many wonderful moments that made this year great. But I feel ready to release this year and create a fresh start.

Since I haven't been around much, I thought I'd update you all on the last few months of my life. Cue the photo montage!


                                          



Two of my best friends graduated! Congratulations to my Little, Miriam and to Karina, aka Shot #1. I'm so proud of you guys!

 
















 


Christmas came and we were spoiled with not only wonderful gifts but a trip to visit my family in Dallas! I even went ice skating! It was an absolute blast and I was so blessed to spend the holidays with the people I hold dear!













I lost my grandfather a bit before Thanksgiving. It was pretty hard on all of us. Unfortunately, I was unable to be with my family when it happened, so I had to take some time to deal with it. Luckily, our family is so supportive and close that we are slowly able to come to terms. 





I took on the hardest semester of my life. Aside from any personal issues, I also was putting in full days of nonstop school. Even though I took few classes, I worked in labs or on classwork from 6 a.m to past midnight most nights. Every break from school was filled with sleeping for 12 straight hours. I worked so hard and can proudly say I accomplished it strong.

I also took on new responsibilities on the Executive Board of my honor society as their Publicity and Social Media director. I felt so humbled at my opportunities to work towards building better leadership skills and gaining responsibility for something I'm passionate about.










I was blessed with the most wonderful support system in the world. From my hilarious and perfect friends, my loving and wacky family, and the most supportive boyfriend I could ever dream of, I was able to push through this year. I cannot imagine doing any of this without them.







 





So now it's your turn. How was your year? Now that you can review it as a whole, how would you describe it? Let's chat in the comments!!


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

 
Always, Raineedayze

No comments:

Post a Comment