Wednesday, September 5, 2018

My Favorite...Book I Read This Summer


This month I wanted to try something new and also support my best friend Becca as she is now the host of "My Favorite", a weekly blog prompt challenge! So, if you haven't yet checked her blog out, definitely go to it as she is just so awesome and then you can also join us in this really cool blog post challenge and we can all follow and read each other's stuff and life would just be great... okay?




This week the prompt is My Favorite Book I Read This Summer. This summer I read about 27 (?) books. I am only counting June - August books even though technically "summer" began for me in May.

I think my absolute favorite book I read this summer was probably Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut.


I've always wanted to read Vonnegut and in July, I went on a pretty big binge of reading books that I had wanted to but been intimidated by. Slaughterhouse-Five was just incredible and I absolutely loved Vonnegut's writing. That book just got me in so many emotions and I just can't describe how moved I was by the book.

If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it. His writing is so lyrical but amusing while still throwing some heavy feels at you. I also know his books do tie in a bit to each other, so I'm really excited to read more of his work.

 Overall, I think it was a shoo-in for my best book of the summer and definitely one of the top books ever so I'm happy!

What was your favorite read this summer? Let's chat about it and make sure to check out Becca's original post here for the prompt list and to find other cool blogs!




Always, Raineedayze



No comments:

Post a Comment