Wednesday, April 3, 2019

April TBR


April is already upon us and I still am writing 2018 on all my paperwork.


Regardless of that, I've been doing pretty well with my reading, powering through a ton of books at the tail end of March. So this April I hope to keep up that momentum with some more awesome reads.

1. The Princess and the Fangirl by Ashley Poston (April 2nd)
 

Geekerella was my absolute favorite read last year and I know I'm absolutely going to devour this book so this will probably be my first read of the month. 

2. Serious Moonlight by Jenn Bennett (April 16th)

I know, I know, I wasn't the biggest fan of Jenn Bennett's other two books. They both were cheesy but cute but their endings were so bleh. However, I am a sucker for these covers and want to pick up a lighthearted contemporary for spring. Who knows, it might surprise me!

3. Mera: Tidebreaker by Danielle Paige and Stephen Byrne (April 2nd)


This is the only graphic novel on my list this month and after really digging Aquaman, I am super stoked to read more about a teenage Mera. I usually fly through graphic novels, so I feel pretty good about accomplishing this one. 

4. Daisy Jones and the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid (Available now)
 

Everyone and their mother has been talking about how good this book is. It's even being produced into a series by Reese Witherspoon! Plus this book is all about '70's rock'n'roll and I am ALL about that!

5. Girls on the Verge by Sharon Biggs Waller (April 9th)

This book is one of the more serious reads on this list, following a girl who goes on a road trip to get an abortion in secret. Am I gonna cry? Probably. The premise reminds me a lot of Crossroads so I'm excited for some friendships and tears.

6. William Shakespeare's Much Ado about Mean Girls by Ian Doescher (April 23rd)



Shakespeare and Mean Girls...What more could you want?

7. Queen's Shadow by E.K. Johnston (Available now)



A book about one of the coolest characters in the Star Wars universe, this book follows Padme and her handmaidens and I'm just really all about female-centric books.

8. Starworld by Audrey Coulthurst and Paula Garner (April 16th)


I love space and want a queer contemporary and friendship so I'm hoping high for this!



Obviously, I have a pretty big catalog to get through this month so catch me with a book in my face! What are you reading this month? Let's chat about it!


Always, Raineedayze


No comments:

Post a Comment