Monday, April 8, 2019

Sunday Funday: Us, Dinner, and Dollar Drinks


Happy Monday!

This past week I worked the week straight with no days off so I had been pretty bummed to not really do a whole lot. However, the weekend actually was pretty eventful after work. 



Saturday was Jon's niece's birthday so we headed there and celebrated with her party. It was really fun and we got to see a lot of family that we hadn't seen in awhile. 


Sunday night, we ended up getting together with a friend of mine, Jocelyn (from the PAX South trip) and we headed to get dollaritas (which were super lame) and then to the Drafthouse to "get lit" as the kids say and watch Us.


The movie was super creepy and I loved all the ambiguity and hidden references in it. Also Winston Duke as a dad was just..... *heart eyes emoji*


via GIPHY

Jonathan also had a blast taking pics with the different props around the theater and I got to help work towards my goal of taking more photos. :)


Overall the weekend was great, but this morning I woke up sick as a dog in bed with no voice. So I've been resting a ton, reading in bed, and spraying terrible tasting numbing spray down my throat which is just as fun as it sounds -__-

However, I was able to finish Reflection by Elisabeth Kim, the Mulan retelling in the Twisted Tales series. I also started On The Come Up by Angie Thomas and I'm already 200 pages in and I adore it! I'll talk more about these in my April wrap-up later this month. 


That's how my weekend has been going! How was yours? Let's chat about it!



Always, Raineedayze

No comments:

Post a Comment