Monday, January 16, 2017

Captain's Log 10: To Boldly Go





Hey you guys!


It's Monday, which means CAPTAIN'S LOG! This is what I've been up to this week.

.
.
.


Yeah. A whole lot of nothing interesting.


I picked up a lot of extra hours at work since we were extremely short-handed. It's also the busiest time of year, so I was pretty much in a constant stress mode. However, I did manage to geek out at home with my entertainment choices.

I've decided to take a break from my phone time and actually catch upon TV I missed, books I haven't read, and projects I want to do. For example, I love Star Trek. I mean, the title of this post obviously shows that, but I want to indulge myself in fandom. Before this week, I hadn't watched an episode in years. This week, I poured myself a glass of wine and actually started my Star Trek rewatch. I've always had a plan to watch every single episode and movie, as I haven't seen them all, and I think this is the year I finally go for it. I know, watching TV is a weird goal, but I want to be a better fan of what I love.

I also set my Goodreads goal. I plan on reading at least 35 books this year, though I'm aiming for higher if possible. You can follow my goal and set your own here. Let's read together and keep each other on track!


Here's what else I'm doing this week.






The Secret History of Wonder Woman by Jill Lepore. I put this on a previous Captain's Log, however, I never finished the book. Life kind of got in the way, but I picked the book back up and hope to make it my first book out of the 35 that I read this year. It's incredible and cover the suffrage movement, the free love movement, and the fight for birth control. There's such a rich history that grouped together to form Wonder Woman and I feel so much more connected to the character by reading this book.






Roswell (Netflix). Roswell was a show I had vaguely heard of, however I didn't know too much about it. In an effort to try new things, I watched the first episode. IT WAS AMAZING! The show is very 90's, very cheesy, but it's so addictive. It gives me the feelings that drew me into sci-fi in the first place. The feeling of mystery, fear, but also hope. I definitely recommend this show to anyone. 

Star Trek: TOS. I began my Star Trek rewatch by going back to the beginning and it reminds me of why I fell in love with it in the first place. I love this show and even though I'ma TNG girl, Kirk, Uhura, Bones, and Spock will always have a special plae in my heart.





Herocraft. I have a weird relationship with Minecraft. It's one of Jonathan's favorite games, so I do try to play a bit with him. However, I also get a little bit of motion sickness when I play for a while so it's a struggle. We've dabbled on this server for years now but finally started playing more on it since we have more free time. I enjoy this server because it is Minecraft with an RPG twist. It's pretty fun when you have a whole group with you, which we do. I definitely recommend it if you enjoy Minecraft. 

That's all I have for this week! What are your plans for this week? Let's chat in the comments!


Always, Raineedayze

No comments:

Post a Comment