Monday, January 9, 2017

Captain's Log #9: Back in the Captain's chair







Hey guys!

This weekend I went to Geek Girl Brunch! It was an absolute blast! Our brunch for this month was Lord of the Rings themed and it was fabulous.

I didn't know we doing a serious face with the props, so here I am smiling with a sword

Also, $2 mimosas? Yes, please. 

I'm so glad I got to hang out with old friends and make new ones! To top it all off, I won a copy of The Silmarillion and an Arwen bookmark!



  
AND....

***SPECIAL NOTE***

If you are attending PAX South, I will be at the after-hours GGB multi-chapter event!! Come hang out and say hi!  


And now, on to the Captain's Log!       




Wayward Pines Trilogy by Blake Crouch. (Book) If your a regular reader here, you know I was super obsessed with the Wayward Pines TV show. Since we bought a Kindle, I decided to start reading more and the trilogy was free on the Amazon library. I'm currently on book 2 and I love it! It's very different from the TV show, so I like not knowing what will happen at the end. If you like creepiness, definitely check this one out.

Dorkface. (Blog) It's no secret, I love my fellow geek girl bloggers. I found Jemma on Twitter from some of the IGGPPC girls and I love her blog. From blogging tips, motivational posts, fun ramblings, DIYS, she has it all. I even joined #theGirlGang. Definitely give her a visit here.






Pokemon Moon. (Nintendo DS) We picked up Pokemon Sun and Moon and I absolutely adore it. This is the first full Pokemon game I've played so I love experiencing it for the first time with Jonathan who has played all of them. The graphics are great and I love the characters and storyline. 


The ClueFinders. (PC...kinda) Okay, this is a little bit weird, but hear me out. When I was a kid and AOL was a thing, we received a free trial of this game. I absolutely loved the thing and played it for months, even though there was limited content. I mentioned it offhand to Jonathan a while back, and I couldn't even remember the name of it, just that it had math and Mothra (this was the 90's). Also, yes I was a nerd obsessed with an educational game. For Christmas, he managed to find the whole game and gave it to me. I cried of laughter and couldn't wait to reminisce on this dorky thing. Turns out, my math skills have barely improved but it's still as fun as ever. Now at 21, I can see how cheesy it is but I adore it. (Even though I had to do a little maneuvering since it only runs on Windows 95.)







Demolition Man. (Movie) It's no secret that I'm so behind on movies. I really suck at watching them, even though I love them. Last night, Jon convinced me to check this out and I'm so glad I did. It's like watching Galaxy Quest with Rambo. I loved it. Cheesy 90's action goodness is my favorite thing ever. I encourage all my fellow geeks to check this out.

Saturday Night Live. (TV) Ok, this is kind of weird but I cannot watch SNL on TV. I get too distracted and restless. Plus, I'm not usually a fan of the musical guests. So, I tend to watch the skits on Youtube or Hulu. I love to just watch these on my phone while I put on my makeup or when I'm cooking. Plus, I'm loving all the female comedians on there. They are hilarious!!! Check it out if you haven't seen it. I was one of those who checked out after Tina, Amy, and Jimmy left, but I'm so glad I got back into it.


What are you guys up to? Do you have any suggestions for what I should read, watch, or play next? Let's chat!


Always, Raineedayze








No comments:

Post a Comment