Thursday, August 3, 2017

Mid - Year Book Freakout Tag


I've finally been tagged in something!

I've seen this tag floating around the interwebz and my lovely best friend Becca of My Life as A Sports Fangirl decided to tag little old me in it! Check out her post in the link! 

I feel so important.

So let's do this thing!


1. Best Book You've Read So Far in 2017?



Ah. I would have to go with The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan. Though not a traditional novel, I got incredibly emotional reading this book and had to kind of sit alone in silence for a really long time after I finished it. 


2. Best Sequel You've Read So Far in 2017?

Easily the best sequel has to be Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han. I absolutely adored this entire series and the conclusion was beautifully written. I fell so in love with these characters and to see the story finally wrap up was a treasure. 


3. New Release You Haven't Read Yet, But Want To?



My Best Friend's Exorcism by Grady Hendrix. It just looks so fun and I adore the cover.


4. Most Anticipated Release for the Rest of 2017?

There's Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins. It looks creepy and cheesy and I haven't read a good horror book in a while! Also, Warcross by Marie Lu!

5. Biggest Disappointment?

P.S. I Like You by Kasie West. I found the plot really cheesy. It was kind of cute, but I really couldn't get into it because the characters were pretty one-dimensional.

6. Biggest Surprise?



The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee. I had heard about this book all over the internet, but I thought it was gonna be pretty stereotypical teen drama. This book was fantastic and I flew through it, on the edge of my seat til the end!

7. Favorite New Author (Debut or New to You)?

Morgan Matson. I read both The Unexpected Everything and Since You've Been Gone this year and I loved them. I adore the way she writes and love that she incorporates lists and callbacks to characters from other books. I am definitely excited to read more from her.

8. Newest Fictional Crush?

John Ambrose McClaren from the To All The Boys I Loved Before series and Clark from The Unexpected Everything. Both guys were so cute and sweet and perfect!

9. Newest Favorite Character?



Probably Lara Jean. I just adored her and immediately filled my Pinterest with "Lara Jean aesthetic" posts. 

10. Book That Made You Cry?

All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven. I bawled so hard at the end of this book and then bawled again when telling Jonathan about it. It was so good and agh......just....agh!!

11. Book That Made You Happy?

Adorkable by Cookie O'Gorman. It was an easy read but I really enjoyed it!

12. Favorite Book to Movie Adaptation This Year?

I don't think I saw any book to movie adaptations this year but I am super excited for Ready Player One and To All The Boys I Loved Before!

13. Favorite Review You've Written This Year?

This One!

14. Most Beautiful Book You've Bought or Received This Year?



Since I didn't buy a physical copy of Caraval, I have to say Replica by Lauren Oliver. I just love that there are two covers to it!

15. What Books Do You Need To Read By The End of 2017?

Uh....A Lot!

Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia, Replica by Lauren Oliver, Once and For All by Sarah Dessen, Alex Approximately by Jenn Bennett, My Best Friend's Exorcism by Grady Hendrix, and probably a zillion others that I have forgotten. 



I am tagging you, YES YOU, to do this wonderful tag and then comment a link to your post! I would love to see all of your lovely answers!


Always, Raineedayze

No comments:

Post a Comment