Monday, February 26, 2018

Black Panther: Spoiler-Free Review


I saw Black Panther this weekend, and I immediately knew I had to tell the entire internet about it. Let me tell you, the hype was well worth it.

I am a pretty big fan of Marvel comics in general, but I never really read any of the Black Panther comics. I have to say, this movie made me want to immediately pick up the story and immerse myself in the entire history of this character.



This movie had an incredible cast of characters, including such an amazing group of some badass women. The women made so much of the story and were the majority of the warriors in Wakanda, which was so inspiring. Between this and Wonder Woman, my body is ready for the gym.

One of my absolute favorite characters in the movie was Shuri, the hilarious tech goddess sister of T'Challa, played by Letitia Wright. She was so funny and her gadgets were incredible. 


Also, can we talk about the casting of this movie?? Chadwick Boseman, Lupita Nyong'o, Michael B. Jordan, Danai Gurira, Forest Whitaker, Andy Serkis, Angela Bassett, Daniel Kaluuya, and Martin Freeman? And the music was done by Kendrick Lamar. So much talent in two hours was just insane.


One of the greatest things to me about this movie was that it was completely self-reliant. There was one reference to Captain America: Civil War, but for people who are just entering the MCU, this movie was fantastic as a standalone. I was really glad that the movie didn't rely on other heroes because, for many, this is their first introduction to Black Panther and MCU. 

This movie was so good and it hyped me up so much for Infinity War. I can't wait to read more into the Black Panther comics after this because I can definitely tell this hero will be a new favorite.



Always, Raineedayze

No comments:

Post a Comment