Sunday, February 18, 2018

VDay Celebrations


Valentine's Day was this past week (did you check out the playlist?) and even though I had to spend my morning in class, I was determined to go all out in celebrating!


We started the morning by heading to a small taco place to get some breakfast before I headed to class. It was so tasty and really made my day 15x better. 

After class, we headed to the grocery store to pick up some stuff for our Valentine's Day dinner. We also had a small food court lunch and brought all our goodies home.

One of the funny things about this year is that Jonathan and I both "messed up" our gift giving, so we went a very non-traditional route. I had planned to make a time lapse of the drawing I was giving to him. I spent a good 3 hours working and finished the piece up when I realized I NEVER PRESSED RECORD, so that was a total bust. Luckily, a very good friend of mine was able to print it out and even put it in a nice sleeve so he still was able to have the printed photo.
 
My gift to Jon

Jonathan also had a gift mishap. My birthday was the week before Valentine's Day, and he had bought separate gifts for both occasions. However, he is not a patient person and in his excitement, gave me both gifts on my birthday. This was totally awesome, but he wasn't super happy about being without a VDay gift on the actual day, so he went the extra mile by gifting me some GORGEOUS roses and a huge jar of sea salted caramels. I truly was spoiled.



For our dinner, I made heart-shaped sliders and crab legs with some garlic-butter potatoes and a side of shrimp. It was fantastic and we spent the evening eating food and watching movies. All in all, it was a fantastic day and the fact that we were able to spend it together made it the perfect Valentine's celebration!


Always, Raineedayze

No comments:

Post a Comment