Monday, March 12, 2018

Raineedayze Reads: The Cruel Prince by Holly Black


I finally was able to read The Cruel Prince after MONTHS of lusting after it. It had been on hold at my local library for nearly 2 months, so I had nearly given up hope on reading until April. Here's my non-spoilery review.

This book was FANTASTIC.



The Cruel Prince follows Jude, a mortal girl thrust into the world of the Fae. After her parent's death, Jude and her sister Taryn are brought along with their fae-born sister Vivienne into the world of Elfhame.  But in a world where mortals are seen as inferior, Jude is determined to forge her own destiny.

This book has been described as Game of Thrones meets faeries and I have to wholeheartedly agree. A fight for the throne, a kingdom of secrets, this book was filled with so much drama and magic. I couldn't put it down and finished it in 2 days.

Holly Black has always been one of my favorite authors so I am so excited for the rest of this series! 



Jude is such an interesting character because throughout the book, we glimpse a little more of her true personality and it makes her more of your typical fantasy character. 

The secrets, betrayals, and eclectic cast make for a book that keeps you turning the page, desperate to figure out the truth of who is good and who is hiding behind a mask.

I gave this book a 5/5 star rating. It is definitely a new favorite for me.

Have you read The Cruel Prince? Let's chat about it in the comments!


Always, Raineedayze

No comments:

Post a Comment