Friday, May 19, 2017

5 Fandom Friday: 5 Favorite Animated Movies




Happy 5 Fandom Friday guys!


This week's prompt comes from Sally over at The Indoor Adventurer! Definitely check her out for some nerdy awesomeness! 



My love for animated movies knows no limits
Animated movies are some of the greatest treasures to gift our eyeballs. I am a huge Disney fan but I love animated movies as a genre. Fun Fact: I actually spent a while debating on changing my major to Art and Animation! So, in no particular order, here are my top 5 animated movies!








5. Tangled


     This movie is beautiful, funny, sad, and silly all rolled into one. I fell in love with Flynn Rider and Rapunzel and I am constantly singing the soundtrack. Also, can we talk about the lantern scene?? One of my favorite movie scenes ever. I shed a tear every time I watch it. 



4. The Book of Life


     I went to go see this movie with Jonathan as soon as it came out. As a proud Latina, I've always been so happy when my culture is portrayed in films (correctly...looking at you BVS). This movie was so fun and had so many talented stars lending their voices to the characters. Plus, the art was beautiful!! I would love to cosplay as La Muerte because she has got to be the most beautiful character ever created in a movie. Plus, their was a PIG!



3. Wreck-It Ralph


     One of my absolute favorite movies. So much so, that Jonathan and I dressed up as Ralph and Vanellope for Halloween (shown above)! I adored the video game theme and the sassy spunky personality of Vanellope!



2. Corpse Bride

    
 Obviously, Tim Burton had to make it somewhere on this list! Although everyone loves Nightmare Before Christmas, I have to say, Corpse Bride is my all-time favorite Tim Burton film. It's so sad and beautiful. I also adore the music. I feel this is one of the darkest animated movies I've ever seen and it definitely holds a special place in my heart.



1. Mulan


     Mulan is my favorite Disney Princess. She was so brave and I love that she risked her life and literally saved ALL OF CHINA just so her fater would not be called into war. Plus, Mushu has to be my favorite sidekick ever. 



Honorable Mentions

The Lego Movie



    I hesitated about putting this on the list since it was more CGI than "animated". However, this is a movie me and Jonathan quote all the time. Plus, Everything is Awesome has to be the greatest theme song ever. This is a keychain I got for my birthday from the Lego Store of my favorite character, WyldStyle!






Alice in Wonderland

 I used to read this book all the time. I love the original animated film, much more than the newer live action film. It always gave me a creepy feeling but I adored it! The characters are drawn beautifully. Plus, I love the mean flowers. 





What are some of your favorite animated films? Did yours make my list? Let's chat in the comments, or tweet me @raineedayze

Megan's Blog
Sally's Blog



Always, Raineedayze

No comments:

Post a Comment