Monday, May 29, 2017

Legos, Love, and Rocky Horror


Happy Memorial Day!

This past week was pretty long. I didn't get to post a recap of last weekend because I got pretty sick. If you follow me on Snapchat (@raineedayze), you saw my descent into laryngitis. It was pretty intense!

Last weekend, Jonathan and I went to go watch Lego Batman. The movie was so much fun and we couldn't stop laughing. And I may have teared up a little bit..

Sunday night, I spent most of the night reading the Lara Jean trilogy. I just finished the review for it so it should be up soon!

Monday, I felt a little off after work and took a nap. Tuesday morning, I woke up with a pretty high fever and ended up having to stay in bed the entire day. It was pretty brutal.

Then on Friday, I got an email from the Aztec theater, letting me know I had won two tickets to go see Rocky Horror Picture Show Saturday Night!! I never win anything, so I was so excited!! 


Saturday, I woke up with absolutely no voice! Jonathan made fun of me all morning. Luckily, I wasn't in pain but it was very frustrating to not be able to talk much! Eventually it came back, albeit raspy, and he kept calling me Tara Reid.



In the afternoon, Jonathan and I went downtown to pick up our tickets and grabbed dinner before the show at a cute little Italian restaurant on the river. There, I had AMAZING ravioli and Jonathan had some pretty yummy pasta. We shared a margarita that was bigger than my head, which left us feeling giggly. The Texas heat was relentless so it kept us a little cool as well.


Rebecca and I with the nicest and funniest showgirls ever!

The show was so much fun! The showgirls hosting were so sweet and complimented my dress and I had a delicious drink called a "Dammit Janet", which I thought was super cute. A lot of people left the theater early though, since I think most people thought it would be an entire drag performance, instead of just a movie screening. On the plus side, we ended up having two whole rows to ourselves so we could stretch out comfortably! Plus, Rebecca and another one of my sorority sisters, Justina, also won tickets so I was able to see them!


It looks small, but it's 60 oz of pure deliciousness


The rest of the weekend was spent playing Overwatch for anniversary skins and snacking on watermelon (it's in season finally!!). It was perfect.


Always, Raineedayze

No comments:

Post a Comment