Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Top 5 Tuesday: 5 Books I Consider Modern Classics


Hello all you lovely people!

I found this tag by browsing Becca's blog and I love the idea. I haven't blogged a lot about books lately even though I have been reading and I really wanted to go back to writing about books since they are such a huge part of my life!

Top 5 Tuesdays were started by Shanah from Bionic Book Worm. Definitely check out her blog because it is fabulous! 

In no particular order, here are my 5 books that I consider modern classics.



5. The Harry Potter series. 



I feel like this is a given because Harry Potter was (and still is) a cultural phenomenon. Many book bloggers and booktubers cite Harry Potter as being their gateway into this world and it is one of the biggest fandoms inspiring movies, toys, games, plays, music, and so much more. This is definitely something that I am glad I was able to experience as it came out and forsee it being a force for a very long time.



4. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Hear me out. I liked this book. I cried at this book. But this book is by no means my favorite. I think this book did bridge a gap between readers and non-readers and I think it helped steamroll the popularity of YA to a larger community. I don't think this book is award-winning, but I think it adds an important note in history.



3. To All The Boys I've Loved Before series by Jenny Han


I loved these books so much. I adored the characters, the feel, the story. Everything about these books was fabulous. While reading these books, I definitely got some Jane Austen vibes. I really think this series was positive, fun, but not too fluffy. 


2. Carry On by Rainbow Rowell

I loved this book tremendously so. I feel this book is something that really brought a good LGBTQ storyline to life without it being cheesy or weird and I adored the writing style.


1. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell


I loved this book. I don't know if it was my favorite, but I feel it was necessary reading because of how much it has influenced the book community. I enjoyed the storyline, I liked the characters, and I love Rainbow Rowell's writing. I feel like this book was a narrative that brought fun into YA drama and blended it so well. 

Those are my 5 modern classics. Do you agree with my choices? Let's chat in the comments!


Always, Raineedayze

No comments:

Post a Comment