Monday, June 4, 2018

Burgers and Jobs


These past two weeks have given Jonathan and I a little breathing room to get used to our new schedules. Jonathan just started a new job as a field engineer, so he's getting used to driving around town and doing a lot of active work as opposed to his job before, where he spent all day at a desk. 



As for myself, I've been spending the last couple of weeks taking care of the house and putting in job applications EVERYWHERE. It's been a pretty exhausting (and somewhat defeating) process, but I'm holding out hope, especially as in the city, new jobs open every day.

Last Friday, my aunt came to town and we were able to have dinner with her and her girlfriend. We tried out Chris Madrid's, a place here famous for their huge burgers. The restaurant actually closed down, but they are now running food truck.The food was fantastic, but the 100-degree heat was definitely no joke.

via GIPHY

The rest of the weekend was spent running only the absolutely necessary errands and taking naps. The combination of the heat, the exhaustion, and what I think is a minor bug, tuckered us out pretty badly. Hopefully, as we get used to the new schedule and I find something to take me out of the house, things will begin to pick back up. 

However, there has been some awesome stuff to happen! Jonathan actually picked me up a gorgeous digital drawing tablet and I am absolutely in LOVE with it. It's a Huion Inspiroy and I have been using it non-stop ever since I got it. As you guys know, I've been wanting to up my digital art game and this definitely has been a huge improvement. I've been using it with Krita and it works so well and the work is so smooth. The link to it is here, if you'd like to check it out!

That was my week. Here's looking up!




Always, Raineedayze

No comments:

Post a Comment