Wednesday, September 19, 2018

My Favorite...Music Video of 2018


Already on week three and this time, I actually had an answer as soon as I read the prompt. And then I found out the song technically came out in 2015 and I am just super late to the party.

So this week we are talking about music videos of 2018 and I have to be completely honest here. I am not a huge music video watcher nowadays. I used to be. I remember having three hours of just non-stop music videos before class in high school and I would do my makeup in the living room just to watch the new videos.

But in the age of Netflix and Hulu, I haven't really been a watcher of many music videos unless they show up on a Buzzfeed article. Maybe that should change.

So originally, I was gonna pick Russian Roulette by my absolute QUEENS, Red Velvet. I don't know how I just found this video but clearly I need to be a bigger fan because this video is like 3 years old!

But still I'm linking it because....we all need this video in our lives.

 

Lucky for me though, my queens delivered another amazing video for their song Power Up that came out this year and guys it's just so great!!



Like...can you not imagine D.Va blasting this in her Meka while she's shooting down bad guys? 

Also worth mentioning is this parody of Power Up which I just couldn't stop laughing at.




As an honorable mention, I feel like I have to shout out Ariana Grande's "God is a Woman" because it's just that good. Like, she took so much female imagery and SHE DID THAT THING.



 Okay, I'm done talking about music videos. So now it's your turn. What was your favorite music video of 2018? Let's chat about it. 

And make sure to check out Becca's post here and find some other amazing blogs and music videos!


Always, Raineedayze

No comments:

Post a Comment