Monday, July 25, 2016

Captain's Log #3: Back from Vacation!


Yo there, guys!

As you may know, I just got back from a family vacation on Sunday. It was absolutely amazing and I got to meet our new family members. My aunt got married a few months ago and this is the first time some of us met her wife and the first time we met her wife's family. 

I don't have a ton of photos, since I had a broken phone the whole time. Luckily, I just got a new phone thanks to the loving, kind, and patient Jonathan. 

Check out our sunburns tans.

I got to try a bunch of new things this weekend like paddleboating and canoeing. I went canoeing with Jonathan and then, while he took a nap, I decided to go with my mom. Now, I know on the internet I look as put together as can be....



via GIPHY

...but docking a canoe is hard work! My mother and I paddled it to the dock and she attempted to get off. All of a sudden, the boat just flips over, taking me and her to the water. It was hilarious and the highlight of my trip.
 
Our view from the cabin

 We stayed in a beautiful cabin and they had teepees surrounding the neighboring campsite.

The inside of our cabin!
 As you can tell, because of all the excitement, this Captain's Log is a little different than most. I haven't gotten to read or watch much but here's what I got planned for this week.









Rick and Morty, Season 2 (Hulu). I absolutely adore Rick and Morty, but since we don't have cable, we rewatched the first season about 30 times. Finally, on a whim, we decided to go on Hulu, and lo and behold, season two was finally available! We have about 3 more episodes left but I'm loving it. I still really enjoy the first season a little bit more because this season is a bit morbid. However, I'm eager to see where it leaves off.









Wolf Boy by Evan Kuhlman (re-read). I bought this book about a year ago at a convention. I'm pretty sure the guy who sold it to me was just trying to get rid of some junk but this book was an amazing find. It is about a family dealing with the loss of one of their kids. It mainly follows the younger brother of the deceased but it does show how each member and acquaintance deals with death. Plus, it has a comic intermixed with the text, written by one of the characters. It's a great read and will make you feel all the feels. 



  
Crush Crush (Steam). This free-to-play game is a very strange Japanese dating simulator. I love these games because they are over the top ridiculous but super cute and this game is no exception. While the examples are highly fan-servicey, it's still a silly game to play and a great way to pass the time. You play a character who accidentally ruins girls lives and then try to date them. It's ridiculous (you actually crush a homeless catgirl's cardboard house) but it's a crazy time-waster. If you are looking for something to pass the time with and for a laugh, check this game out.




I know this Captain's Log is a little different than usual, but hopefully, we'll be back to normal next week! Let me know what you're up to in the comments!


Always, Raineedayze

No comments:

Post a Comment