Sunday, August 7, 2016

End of Summer?


Hey ya'll!

Today it hit me that in a few weeks, Summer 2016 will be over and it will be back to the daily grind. I feel like this summer has been a very big turning point in my life. I finally got a car and no longer have to take the bus around town. I made amends with a person whom I thought I would never speak to again. We actually made our apartment a home, something we never did with our old apartment. And I started this blog!



I think I've also grown more as a person this summer. When I first came here and when I first got together with Jonathan, I was very dependent on other people to do everything for me. Now, I find myself actually running through things that need to be done and seeing how much I can fit in so he doesn't have to do them. I am becoming my own person which is only making us closer to our goal of building a great future for ourselves. I've stopped feeling entitled to treating myself when I  couldn't afford it. (Note: I still treat myself. Just not always by buying things when I need to budget). 



I've also met so many wonderful, interesting, like-minded people by participating in events with our Geek Girl Brunch Chapter and participating in events with the Geek Girl Pen Pals Club. I'm even doing camp for the first time this year! 

When I reflect back on this summer, I know I'm going to miss it. There are so many great memories. But I also know that I can now take these things and apply them to become an even better version of myself from now on. I can continue to grow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment