Monday, September 12, 2016

Captain's Log #8: Get into the Groove







Hey there guys! I'm hoping you're having a great day!

This weekend I finally finished Life is Strange and, oh my gosh, was it intense! 



via GIPHY

I had to take my headphones out and play the game next to Jonathan at the end because it got very creepy! However, it was a fabulous game and now I am suffering from a game hangover.
  
Because of my obsession with Doctor Who, I thought I would be good at time-travel but this game made me question everything. And now I'm just..





via GIPHY


I highly recommend it if you haven't played it, but it will drive you mad.

Other than that, I spent most of this week just sleeping or watching anime and Regular Show. I needed a relaxation break because this past week kicked me in the gut at every opportunity. It was just a huge stress and I refuse to let this upcoming week do the same. 

Right now to get ready for the week, I'm working on my to-do list and making some pumpkin bread for Jonathan to take to work and to have here at home.  I love fall so much and I love having the opportunity to go pumpkin crazy this season!! I already got my PSL game on and am just awaiting more pumpkin themed treats in the grocery stores so I can go insane! And it's almost Halloween!!




via GIPHY

So before I turn this into a fall appreciation post, let's talk about the Log!



  



The Secret History of Wonder Woman by Jill Lepore. I picked up this book at Half-Price Books the other day and I'm eager to finally start it. I'm a huge Wonder Woman fan and I love reading about her backstory and creation because the complexity is rarely discussed. I can't wait to find out more things about the creation of my hero.







Kasumi (Vol. 2) by Surt Lim and Hirofumi Sugimoto. I'm extremely excited by this purchase because I've been looking for this manga for YEARS! I picked the first volume up a few years ago and was never able to find part two. The storyline is so good and I'm a sucker for a magical romantic manga. Plus, the artwork is fantastic. I can't wait to start reading this later this week.






Marvel TsumTsum (Android). This is my first venture into the TsumTsum craze and I'm absolutely loving it. I had seen a lot of my fellow nerdy ladies get into TsumTsums and after I saw Desiree tweet that a Marvel version was available, I decided to download it and see what all the talk was about. I got insanely addicted and then downloaded the regular Disney version as well. Jonathan jokes that I've become obsessed, but I can't put it down! It's so cute and fun! Check it out in case you haven't yet.




Regular Show (Hulu). When I heard this show was getting cancelled, I knew I had to catch back up with it. Regular Show has been one of my favorite shows since it came out and I adore the humor and artwork. I love stoner comedies and that kind of grunge humor (Daria, Beavis and Butthead, Ren and Stimpy, etc) and Regular Show has been able to fill my 90's loving heart. I'm going to miss it but am enjoying rewatching it with Jonathan.


via GIPHY




That's all I have for this week! Let me know what you're up to this week in the comments! Let's chat!



Always, Raineedayze

No comments:

Post a Comment