Wednesday, September 14, 2016

The World's Best Cookies - DIYDayze


So we've all heard of Pinterest, right?



I have a lovely habit of tending to pin things that I then promptly forget about doing. It's a sickness that leaves me feeling productive but yet I have nothing to show for it. 

So I decided to change that! 

I found this pin for "The World's Best Cookies" and decided I was going to surprise Jonathan and his coworkers with some of them. I love to bake and cook so I figured this would be easy-peasy.


via GIPHY

Welp. I was half-right!


The website and video tutorial were pretty simple. I've made cookies plenty of times as well so the actual creating of the cookies was easy.



 However the baking time on the website was weird. The website insisted to bake the cookies for 9-11 minutes. Now, if you bake cookies from a prepackaged kit, they tend to take 11-15 minutes. Baking cookies from scratch usually will take slightly longer or in the range of that time frame. But, I decided to let the cookie recipe guide me.

This is how they looked.



She insisted they were supposed to be almost raw-looking and they would slowly drop and be yummy. I left mine for the 30 minutes she suggested and came back to them. 

THEY WERE SO RAW! 

SEE THE RAWNESS!


It was awful and sickeningly sweet from the raw dough. I finally just shut off the browser and went to work at rebaking the cookies. I ended up baking them for another 16 minutes and, what do ya know? They turned out fabulous!




Jonathan's coworkers loved them and begged me to make more soon so I felt so much better in my ability. I'm currently working on some Pumpkin bread for them (and us) to celebrate the Autumn season 

Moral of the story: Sometimes it is best to trust your gut. And raw cookie dough is not yummy!  

Let me know about your Pinterest fails or wins in the comments below! Also if you'd like to follow me on Pinterest, you can find me here! 


Always, Raineedayze

No comments:

Post a Comment