Friday, June 2, 2017

5 Fandom Friday: Songs That Remind You






Happy Friday!

It's the first week of June which means, the new 5 Fandom Friday prompts are up! Check them out on Megan's (The Nerdy Girlie) blog!


This week's prompt comes to us from Barb over at You Fancy Me Mad. Go check her out!


This Friday we are talking about 5 songs that remind us of a TV show or movie. This prompt sounded easy at first but when I actually sat down to write this post, my mind completely blanked! I didn't want to do exclusively theme songs because that made it a little too easy. So, these are my attempt at a pseudo-fanmix. Here we go!



5. Heat of the Moment - Asia; Supernatural



     So this song actually did come out in the episode "Mystery Spot" (S3E11). However, ever since then, I can't hear this song without thinking of Dean Winchester. I'll be driving to work and this song comes on, and all of a sudden, I'm thrown into an episode of Supernatural. 


Listen to the song here and check out this supercut of the Supernatural episode/song here.


4. Here With Me - Dido; Roswell



     Okay....I know I said I would avoid theme songs but this song is just so good!! This is the theme to Roswell and every time I listen to the song, I get into that "sad music video" mindset. Which is essentially Roswell in a nutshell. 


Listen to the song here. I tried finding a video of the opening credits because it's such 90's angsty goodness, but alas, I found nothing! However, the show is on Hulu so check it out!


3. I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas; Valentine's Day


                                        


    
I unabashedly love this song. It always gets me so pumped up! And I also really love this movie. This song was the in the commercial for the movie and was also parodied on Family Guy, so every time I hear this song, I think of that promo.

Listen to the song here.

Valentine's Day Promo here
Family Guy parody here

2. Kings and Queens - 30 Seconds to Mars; The Guild & My Sucky Teen Romance



    This song always reminds me of a group of friends heading to a convention. Yeah, I don't know why either. But it just sounds like a good song to play on a long road trip to a convention, when the car is all packed, everyone is abuzz with excitement and you're ready to really nerd out. So, for me,I think of the Guild, when the group is on their way to the video game convention and it also reminds me of My Sucky Teen Romance, a vampire love story that takes place at a convention. 


I know....I don't understand my logic either.


Listen to it here.



1. Africa - Toto; Family Guy


     This song is one of my favorite songs. It's so catchy and I jam out to it a lot more than I'm willing to admit. This song came out on an episode of Family Guy (S10E23) as Joe and Bonnie's song, the song they fell in love to. It sounds sweet, until you watch the episode but it still is so great! 


Listen to it here.



That's all I have for this week, but I would love to hear what songs you guys associate with tv/movies! Let's chat in the comments or tweet me @raineedayze!


Megan's Blog


Barb's Blog



Always, Raineedayze

No comments:

Post a Comment