Monday, June 12, 2017

Overwatch - OVER IT!


Just kidding.


Kind of.


At the end of May, Overwatch celebrated their anniversary event with a ton of new skins, emotes, and other goodies. 


This was a pretty big event. Their were over 100 different anniversary themed items in this event, more than any previous event. So naturally, I decided I would be grinding for new items. 


And then this skin was released....





If you're not familiar with Overwatch, that character up there is D.Va (real name: Hana Song), a 19 year old Korean professional StarCraft player, who was tapped to join the fight in the war between the Omnics and humans after her country had been destroyed. For reference, this is her usual skin.



I am a huge D.Va fan. When the game was announced, I immediately was drawn to this adorable, bubbly gamer girl. I now have multiple shirts, figures, and merch all relating to her character.


So when I saw the 50's style skin that was available, I NEEDED IT!! I spent the whole first week grinding for skins, starting as soon as I left work until past midnight.


And nothing.


I spent all my weekends playing, since I didn't have to work.


And still.....nothing.


I OPENED 80 anniversary lootboxes guys. I leveled up over 60 times, since each level granted one box. 


By the time this past weekend came around, I had been playing upwards of 7 hours a day, stopping only for work and to sleep. Sunday, I played from 8 AM to 7:30 PM.


And at the end of all of that,



I finally had enough gold to buy it.



And now, I will never play Overwatch again....



at least until the next event.



                                       









I know this isn't my usual format for recaps, but I have spent my entire past week doing nothing but playing this game. This next week looks to be a lot more entertaining and I can't wait to share it with you guys!


Always, Raineedayze

No comments:

Post a Comment