Thursday, August 31, 2017

Captain's Log 14: August Recap



It's already nearly September and that means it's time to step into the Captain's chair once again.

It's so weird, I feel like I wrote my August goals so recently and now here we are!

August has brought many things with it, including the beginning of my senior year of college (WHOA) and some interesting reflections. I also built my gaming pc, attended Iggle Camp, and had a blast living my newly free life after leaving my job.




 In August, I read a total of 13 books!! That is one more book than July, which is pretty great considering I also had to factor in my schoolwork time. I also dabbled into a few different genres this month and read a few books that had been on my mental TBR for awhile.

Coraline by Neil Gaiman | Stardust by Neil Gaiman | Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson | The Hundred Lies of Lizzie Lovett by Chelsea Sedoti | Lucy in the Sky by Anonymous | The Secret Loves of Geek Girls by various authors | Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson | Eliza and her Monsters by Francesca Zappia | Queen of Hearts by Colleen Oakes | Girl Against the Universe by Paula Stokes | We Were Liars by E. Lockhart | Grim by various authors | How to Hang a Witch by Adriana Mather |



I also successfully reached my Goodreads Goal of 35 books! In fact, I have beat my goal by 8 books! I plan to keep going and see where I can reach by the end of the year. 

Out of all my reading adventures, I finally finished all of Morgan Matson's books (and got a tweet from her!) and read some more Neil Gaiman, an author I love but never read as much from.




This month was not my month for TV. I don't have cable so I haven't seen the new Rick and Morty (sob!) and I'm usually exhausted when Jonathan gets home so I've been slacking on Game of Thrones.

Movies: Percy Jackson

TV Shows: As Told By Ginger, Family Guy



When I wasn't reading, I spent a lot of my time gaming. I obviously had to break in my battlestation! 

Skyrim (Xbox One) | Overwatch (Xbox One) | Shark Dating Simulator XL (PC) | Borderlands 2 (Xbox One) | Bioshock (PC) | Portal 1 & 2 (PC) |






I finally beat Portal after a million years. I have awful motion sickness so I had to constantly take breaks while playing but I finally finished it!!! And then proceeded to search for Portal fanfic to fill the cube-shaped hole in my heart. Jonathan never finished them and I need him to so I can have someone to fangirl with!



I also spent some time on Skyrim because of course, Borderlands for that sweet co-op, and Shark Dating Sim so I could write silly reviews!


August Goals - Check In

1. Use my drawing app

I have totally sucked at this goal. I've been using my tablet more as a book instead of drawing and I really need to sit down and put some effort into it. So yeah, huge fail on this goal.

2. Drink More Water

I've actually been doing a way better job at this! I need to consistently track  my intake because if I don't, I tend to slip into dehydration. But I have been drinking water instead of tea and juice and reminding myself each time I go into the fridge.

3. Read 5 Books
 
HA! I laugh in the face of this goal since I doubled it! I am really happy that I was able to read so much and with my school schedule, I've found time to read by reading before class and between labs when I'd usually be killing my phone.

4. Build My Computer

DONE! It is fabulous and I am typing this post on it actually! Plus my new K55 RGB Corsair gaming keyboard came in a couple days ago and is all set up!

Three out of four is not bad and I am pretty stoked to see that I actually accomplished more than I thought I would!

August was an absolute blast and I hope I can continue to do well in September!


Always, Raineedayze
 

No comments:

Post a Comment