Wednesday, January 3, 2018

2018 Yearly Goals


Fun fact about me.

I love setting goals. 

I love vision boards, planners, goal lists, lists in general, personal spreadsheets....I'm like an organization nerd goddess.

However, this can tend to get me a little overwhelmed and I will set 500 goals that have to be done RIGHT THIS SECOND. I then fail miserably, and drown my failure in a gallon of Rocky Road ice cream.

So this year, I decided to keep it pretty simple. I set monthly small goals, goals I can accomplish and that will keep me motivated to continue. I also modified my yearly goals to be a little less stressful but also something that would require work.

Each month I have a section in my planner titled "How Did You Work Towards?" with my list of yearly goals and space for me to write down how I worked towards achieving them. I hope to see some progress and be able to look at the little actions that helped me overall become a better me. 

So without any further ado, here are my goals for 2018.



1. Play More Games

In 2017, I was asked to help co-admin a female-based gaming community. I was so honored to be asked because it let me connect with so many gamers on a personal level and helping foster an awesome community. Plus, being an admin of anything is just so much fun. This year, I really want to amp up that and play more games that I've left in my Steam Library of Shame or in my Xbox Cabinet of the Forgotten (great names, right?). I really want to be more well-versed in a variety of games than my typical walking sims. 

2. Get Out More


It's no secret that I am a homebody. I have my special DragonWarm blanket (it's Skrim themed...get it?) and my sweatpants and I'm more than happy to spend a day in front of my computer or in bed with a book. However, I've been thinking about how much of the outside world I've been missing. I'm 22 and I would like to see it while I'm still healthy and not blind. Jonathan and I went for a walk in the park the other day and just talking outside while sitting by the lake was so calming and just felt so much more personal than sitting in front of one of our screens, talking over our headsets. 

3. Create

Obviously, this would be on here as Create is my word of the year (post coming soon). I want to create more content whether it be videos, art, blog posts, or personal journaling. I love creating new things and I have the time. I really want this to be the year I create more content not just for the internet, but for myself and my own happiness.

4. Treat Yo' Self (Better)


I am REALLY bad at treating myself too good *gestures wildly to the zillion books and makeup products cluttering my life* . So I modified this one a little bit (Sorry, Tom and Donna). In 2018, I want to do things that make me happy, stop doing things that don't, enjoy myself, and overall make myself a better version of me. Health, spiritually, general fulfillment. I want to just feel better about myself and about where my life is at this time. 

These are my yearly goals. What are some of yours?

Always, Raineedayze

No comments:

Post a Comment