Friday, January 12, 2018

Teenage Me


This is going to be a very interesting post.

This year, I've been trying to connect more with myself and I found Positivity Prompts on Instagram. Positivity Prompts is an account run by Amela and Alyssa, two really cool book bloggers that you should totally check out. Each month, they post prompts to get you to be more in the moment and just do a little something positive in your life.

Today, the prompt is "What would Teenage You Love". So, we will take a little trip down memory lane.

Teenage me was rebellious, angsty, and wore way too much eyeliner. It wasn't a pretty time for me and I am so glad it's over. But I think there are a few things teenage me would adore.

Teenage me would be so stoked to be dating a fellow nerd who didn't try to "prove" his nerd cred. Actually, teenage me would be so stoked to be with someone who was just generally as awesome as Jonathan. Adult me totally scored the jackpot!

Teenage me would love that I built my own gaming computer. I'm a klutz and I tend to give up on things halfway through them. I think teen me would think it's pretty rad that I built something from the ground up. 

Teenage me would be super happy to hear that we are now off anti-depressants and anxiety meds. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH TAKING MEDICATION. In the words of Amy Poehler "Good for her, not for me". However, it was not the way I wanted to treat my anxiety and depression and now that I am able to function without them, I am super proud of myself. 

Teenage me would be so happy to know that I have made friends from all over the world who are as fun and as nerdy as me! I was a pretty big loner in high school and to have so many friends who come over, text me, and fangirl with me...it's a treasure.

Teenage me would also be super stoked to know that I finally figured out myself a little bit. I have passions that I love, people that I love, and hobbies that I find interesting. I do things that make me an overall interesting person to be around but I also have enough independence to be alone and okay. 


What would your teenage self love?

Always, Raineedayze


No comments:

Post a Comment