Tuesday, January 2, 2018

January Mini-Goals


I love the new year. With it comes new goals, aspirations, and ideas for the future.I know that the old "new year, new me" cliche is a trope often times made fun of, but it's the perfect time to start small habits that can set up the rest of your year!

This month I have 4 mini-goals that I would like to accomplish. I set them slightly lower than usual because I hope to surpass them. I noticed this year that I tend to overestimate my goals, get overwhelmed, and do none of them. This year, my mini-goals are all about the basics.

1. Read My 4 TBR Books

My Goodreads Challenge for 2018 is set at 100 books, so I know I will have to read more than 4 a month to reach it. But, because I have so many books that I bought that are unread and I feel super guilty about it, since I typically get them from the library, I plan to prioritize these four books before I read anything else this month.

2. Draw 4 Things

Last year, I struggled with creating art. I would be on a good run for a bit and kind of die out near the middle. This month I am hoping to draw at least 4 things, just to get that sense of accomplishment that will hopefully carry me on to creating more things.

3. Write 4 Blog Posts

I know I slacked off a ton near the end of the year in 2017, so this year, I am aiming for 1 blog post a week. I will try to post more than that, because I'd eventually love to build to 3 times a week, but to get back in the swing of things, once a week should set up a manageable path.

4. Walk 4 miles

I know this sounds so bad because apparently we are supposed to work out 30 minute/3 times a week (oops), but I know myself. If I can actually commit and walk 4 miles in a month, it will be way better than making a super high goal I will never accomplish. Plus, baby steps right?

These all somehow revolved around the number 4, but I'm pretty excited to see if I can accomplish these and if I can exceed them. 

What are your goals for January?


Always, Raineedayze


No comments:

Post a Comment