Thursday, September 7, 2017

The TBR Tag


I'm so excited to be tagged in things! I am horrible at keeping a TBR but I was tagged by my BFF Becca from My Life As A Sports Fangirl. I'm tagging every reader of this post so....get to it!

1. How Do You Keep Track Of Your TBR Pile?

I am horrible at keeping track of my TBR. The closest thing I have to it is my Goodreads Want to Read shelf and my wish list I hold on the local library's website. I really need to move it to my planner but I get so caught up in books on a whim that I add to it frequently. 

2. Is Your TBR Mostly Print or E-Book?

E-book! I have a Kindle Fire Tablet and I read so many books on there. Most of the books I get are from the local library and I can check them out online and download them to my tablet. Plus they auto-return and I can do it all from the comfort of my own home. Plus it makes it so much easier to read at school without having to carry more books. 



3. How Do You Determine Which Book From Your TBR to Read Next?

My library site has a "Wish List" area that I can put all the books I want to read on. I usually decide after I finish whatever book I was reading. I go by my mood at the time so it changes frequently.

4. A Book That's Been on Your TBR The Longest

 Hmm.....The Lord of the Rings series is probably the longest. I read The Hobbit and another book in the series when I was younger but I haven't revisited the series as a whole and I really want to! Also the Game of Thrones/ASOIAF books. On my library TBR, it would be The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis. Not sure why, but I haven't gotten around to reading it.

5. A Book That You Recently Added to Your TBR

Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo. I really REALLY want to read this (and I know Becca does) and it is also the Iggle Bookclub pick of the month so maybe I will finally get to read it this month!

6.  A Book On Your TBR Strictly Because of its Beautiful Cover



My Best Friend's Exorcism by Grady Hendrix. Maybe not a beautiful cover but it's so cool and I adore the 80's VHS feel! Plus it reminds me of the creepy Goosebumps books and teen slasher books I used to read as a kid.

7.  A Book On Your TBR That You Never Plan On Actually Reading

This is a hard one for me because I hate leaving lists unfinished. After debating though, probably Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell. I've heard it wasn't very good and slightly problematic but the truth is, the plot isn't super interesting to me. I dunno what it is but I can't see myself falling in love the way I did with Carry On.

8. An Unpublished Book on Your TBR That You're Excited For



The Cruel Prince by Holly Black. This book doesn't come out until 2018 (WHY???) but as a lover of all things fairies and Holly Black, I need this so much in my life!!

9. A Book on Your TBR That Basically Everyone Has Read Except You

I was about to write The Book Thief and then I saw Becca put it as her answer so I guess I'm not the only one! Other than that, The Lunar Chronicles series is a book series I've wanted to read forever and I feel that everyone else has already read it! But I have always been fascinated with it.

10. A Book On Your TBR That Everyone Recommend to You

The Gentlemen's Guide To Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee. I have heard so much about this book and it is all over Booktube. I'm not sure when I'll get to it but it looks pretty good.

11. A Book on Your TBR That You're Just Dying To Read


One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus. Even though I have heard mixed reviews about it, I am so stoked to read it because I absolutely fell in love with the plot. I am currently on the waitlist at my library for it and am dying of anticipation!!

12. The Number of Books on Your Goodreads TBR Shelf

78 because I have no control of my life. Since I tend to update my Library wish list more frequently, I thought I'd share that here as well. On my library shelf I have 48. And the weird thing is, most of the books on both these lists differ so it's like a combined total of 126. What is my life?


Thanks Becca so much for tagging me and I'm so excited to see what's on all of your shelves!! 



Always, Raineedayze

 

No comments:

Post a Comment