Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Top 5 Tuesday: Top 5 Book Recommendations For Non-Readers





Happy Tuesday!

This week we are talking about 5 books we would recommend to non-readers. 

*Top 5 Tuesday was created by Shanah from Bionic Book Worm! Make sure to check out her blog for more bookish awesomeness!*

This topic was kind of hard for me because I grew up surrounded by readers and so when I heard that there were people who didn't enjoy reading, I was kind of taken aback.

"What do you mean you don't really read? What do you do with your time???"

I love reading and since it has been such a huge part of my life, I had to think about what would I recommend to someone who wasn't the biggest reader. In no particular order...


5.  The Babysitter's Club series by Ann M. Martin



Starting it off ambitious with a series sounds crazy, but one thing I liked about these books is that they are great standalone books by themselves. Not only are the stories fun, and dealt with real topics, the characters were likeable and make you want to connect with them. Plus, it's middle-grade that doesn't feel like middle-grade.


4. All- American Girl by Meg Cabot



This is one of my favorite books of all time. I think the premise is interesting, the characters are well-written and the writing style is phenomenal. I also think that because this book is written like a chick flick comedy. this would definitely appeal to  people who may prefer movies to books. The premise isn't too far out there and the book is easy to follow along.


3.  Daphne's Book by Mary Downing Hahn



While writing this list, I went back to my favorite books that I read growing up and remembered why I liked them. I loved these books because they were easy to follow but weren't ridiculously simple. This is another one of my favorite books by one of my favorite authors growing up. The storyline is a little darker than the other choices on here, but I think this book would appeal to someone who wanted depth but in a format that wasn't too hard to follow.


2. Wolf Boy by Evan Kuhlman


I loved this book. I bought this book at a convention where the seller was probably just getting rid of extra things he had lying around. But when I read it, I fell in love with the plot and I really liked the way the story tied in a comic element to it. I think this book is great because it's fun, sad, and provides a deep plot.


1. Just Listen by Sarah Dessen


I am a huge Sarah Dessen fan and throughout middle school and high school, I wasn't reading as many books as I used to. One of the only authors that I did read a lot from was Sarah Dessen because her books were contemporary, and emotional and basically super mega teen girl lit. I love her books, I adore her writing style, and I think her books make you want to continue reading her work.


What 5 books would you recommend? Have you read any of my choices? Leave a link to your #T5T posts below and I will definitely check them out!



Always, Raineedayze

No comments:

Post a Comment