Monday, April 30, 2018

Captain's Log: April Wrap-Up


Holy Moly, It's the end of April!

This year has been going hella fast and I have a lot of stuff to talk about this month. As you may have noticed, there were no monthly goals or posts at all in April here. That's because I spent the entire month working my butt off to officially be ready to graduate college in 10 days!!

I am so so SO excited to finally be done with school and start figuring out what I want to do with my life. That being said, April was a blur of exams, paperwork, phone calls, and spending way too much money to make sure that I will be graduating next week. So, I didn't have a whole lot of time to get online this month. That being said, I actually was able to do some cool stuff so let's talk about it!


| Things I'm Seeing Without You by Peter Bognanni | Ana's Story by Jenna Bush | The Dead Inside by Cyndy Drew Etler | Want To Go Private? by Sarah Darer Littman | The Geek's Guide to Unrequited Love by Sarvenaz Tash | Save Me, Kurt Cobain by Jenny Manzer | Lies My Girlfriend Told Me by Julie Anne Peters | Game Over by Various Authors | 

I had an excellent reading month, all things considered, reading a total of 8 books. A lot of these were very dark and thriller-type books and I really enjoyed being able to burn off my stress in these suspenseful novels. Most of these were also random library finds or thrift store finds, so it was nice to read a book completely blind. 



| The Running Man (Amazon Prime) | Lost In Space (Netflix) | Meatballs (Amazon Prime) | The Emoji Movie (Netflix) |

| Citrus (Crunchyroll) | Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid (Crunchyroll) | Recovery of an MMO Junkie (Crunchyroll) | Himouto Umaru-Chan R (Amazon Prime | Pokemon Sun and Moon (Netflix) | Star Trek TOS (Netflix) |

This month I actually tried to watch a whole lot of new stuff and actually clear out my list of "should eventually watch". I also spent a lot more time watching anime this month and remembered why I love it. 

As for movies, Jonathan got pretty sick this past weekend so in order to cheer him up, I relinquished my control over the remote and let him choose some movies I hadn't seen. And I loved them all. But let's be honest, Arnold Schwarzenegger in anything is fantastic.


| Just Dance Now (Android) | Hogwarts Mystery (Android) |  Unravel (Xbox One) | Breath of the Wild (Nintendo Switch) |

Luckily, I had a little bit of time and energy to play some games this month. Since getting on my anti-depressants, I've really been way more motivated to do things I actually enjoy instead of just staring at the ceiling in bed. So even though this is a short list, I'm mostly excited that slowly but surely my hobbies are picking back up. 

Other Cool Stuff this Month: 
  • I finally have confirmed my graduation! I have two more exams and then it's the big day!
  • I've been way more healthy this past month. More water, less junk food, and actual exercise has been good to me!
  •  I got some cool merch and cute things in general. Now to make some room in my apartment! (Pics to follow when I clean my apartment!)

This month was hella stressful, but I was able to get through it. I know I'm probably gonna be on edge until I officially have my degree in my hand, but soon everything will be great! 

Next month's posts may be a bit late since I'll be doing graduation stuff and finals at the beginning, so if you can bear with a week of silence, it will all be great!


How was your April? Let's chat in the comments!
 

Always, Raineedayze

No comments:

Post a Comment