Sunday, July 30, 2017

Captain's Log 13: July Recap





Guys, I can't believe July is already ending!

I hate the end of summer because it reminds me that school is about to begin and I long for the freedom and excitement I had at the end of May.

But I must be positive and instead, focus on the awesomeness this summer has brought to me! 

July was filled with a ton of excitement. I went on vacation twice and finally left my job! I also got more in touch with my interests and completed some pretty daunting goals! 



This month, I read a total of 11 books. Wow!!! I slacked off at the beginning of the month but went on a reading binge the last few days. I even had to reupdate this post a few times to reflect the new books!

Loose Girl by Kerry Cohen | The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson | Going Vintage by Lindsay Leavitt | How it Ends by Catherine Lo | When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon | Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler | All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven | Little Bee by Chris Cleave | How To Love by Katie Cotugno | Suicide Notes from Beautiful Girls by Lynn Weingarten | Seven Ways We Lie by Riley Redgate |

I was pretty pleased with my books this month. I hadn't heard of a lot of these books and I really enjoyed all but one. Plus, one was nonfiction, a genre I struggle reading enough of, so that was awesome!

Goodreads Goal: 32/35




This month, I actually watched more TV than previous months, probably because I had a lot more free time!

Movies: Alien: Covenant

Shows: Game of Thrones, Friends from College, Raven's Home

I finally started Game of Thrones and I LOVE IT. I have no idea why it took me so long to watch it but I'm currently obsessed. I'm still in the first season so I have a long way to go, but I hope to catch up by the time next season starts!



I also finished Friends from College, a Netflix Original Series, about a group of friends from college (ha!) who's friend group becomes tested by the secrets and stressors that come with being an actual adult. I really enjoyed this series and it has so much great talent (Keegan-Michael Key, Cobie Smulders, Fred Savage, & Billy Eichner, just to name a few) and I really hope it comes back for a second season. It got a lot of negative reviews because the characters are the literal worst humans ever, but I really enjoyed it because I don't want to watch TV where all the characters are white picket fences and golden smiles. This show makes you hate the characters, laugh with them, and maybe cry a little. 

I also saw the first episode of Raven's Home and I was kinda meh on it. I hope the next episodes are more enjoyable and have a little less laugh-track. But, I am optimistic!

Movie-wise, Jonathan and I went to go see Alien Covenant, and it wasn't....terrible. It was pretty ridiculous because the crew made such easy mistakes that caused their issues, but Danny McBride was excellent in it!



Skyrim (XboxOne) | Stardew Valley (PC) | Overwatch (XboxOne) | Crush Crush (PC) | Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer (DS) | Borderlands (Xbox One) |

This month, I mostly played a ton of Skyrim and even started streaming a bit. I'm still figuring out Twitch, but I am pretty excited to start using it again.




I spent the majority of the beginning of the month getting obsessed with Stardew Valley. I had never been able to play it so when it went on sale, I immediately jumped on it. I am now happily married to Shane and nearing the end of Year 2. 

I finished Happy Home Designer, after wanting it for a year. I'm pretty bummed that it was such a short game but I plan on replaying it on days where ACNL isn't enough.

I also spent a few hours shifting between Overwatch, Crush Crush, and Borderlands for when I needed a quick distraction. Doomfist and the new highlight features on Overwatch are incredible! Crush Crush is currently holding their Summer Fling event and a DVA swimsuit is one of the perks, so I'm pretty excited for that as well!



July Goals - Check In

1. Take More Photos
        
I think I did a pretty good job with this goal. I took a ton of photos on our camping trip, although I realized I rarely use my phone for photos. The area has no service and I left my phone in my bag, rendering it useless until I realized there was a camera on it .-. Overall, I'd say: Could be Better

2. Make A Graphic for Online Tea Party

SUCCESS!!!! I installed an awesome drawing program on my tablet and have been obsessed with it. The new graphic will debut on my Instagram (if it hasn't already) and will of course be in my OTP post for August! Feel free to use it if you join us!

3. Game More

Oh hell yes. Definitely completed that one. 


July was fantastic and I'm so excited to see my life progress in ways that I never realized. I'm starting to feel like the person I want to be rather than letting life pass me by and I know August will only bring more improvement!



Always, Raineedayze

No comments:

Post a Comment