Friday, January 13, 2017

5 Fandom Friday: 5 Nerdy Places I Want to Visit






January prompts are up and I'm so excited to finally participate in a 5 Fandom Friday on time! For this FFF, I'm looking at 5 nerdy places I'd like to visit. This is pretty tough because I love to travel and have been pretty much nowhere. So, hopefully in the near future these will all become a reality.


5. Japan.


            Okay, I don't know if this is nerdy, but my reasons sure are. Obviously, I'm a huge anime fan but I'm also a huge history and art fan. I would love to explore Japan not only for the pop cultural aspects but for the rich history surrounding the area. I was friends with a woman who lived in Japan until her early twenties, and she used to tell me stories all about life in the country. It was just so cool to hear about a completely different culture and I'd love to appreciate the beautiful history in the actual location.

4. King's Cross


            
             I love Harry Potter. Harry Potter was my first real fandom, and is still a place I turn to when I need a little magic in my life. I would love to visit King's Cross and maybe feel a little bit of the magic from the unified nerdiness of those who walked the station before me. Basically, I would just combust from the awesomeness.

3. San Diego Comic-Con


          I have a love/hate relationship with conventions. I love all the cool stuff and the endless shopping. I love the nerdiness. But, my social anxiety skyrockets during conventions. It's a pretty bleh feeling. I do hope to overcome that issue and attend more conventions in spite of it though. Plus, I hear SDCC is wicked fun! This would be not only a stepping stone in overcoming anxiety, but also a treasure trove of awesome experiences.

2. Wizarding World 


        Again, I adore Harry Potter. I would love to visit the Wizarding World to feel more connected with my Potterhead fandom. It'd be incredible to get my wand, get my robes, and taste butterbeer! This is one of my "let's go today" goals. I think this will be one of the first big places Jon and I will save up to go to. I can't wait!!

1. DISNEYWORLD


        I've never been to Disneyland or Disneyworld and I feel that has to change. I've seen so many wonderful posts and photos from Disneyworld and I can't stand not having the experiences. MY LIFE HAS TO HAVE MAGIC IN IT!!! This is the current trip we are saving for because I've bugged Jon for years about it. I'm so excited to get there someday, but for now I must live vicariously through others.




What nerdy places would you love to visit? What nerdy places have you already visited? Let's chat in the comments! Also, if you participate in 5 Fandom Friday, link it to me so I can check it out!


Always, Raineedayze

No comments:

Post a Comment