Sunday, January 1, 2017

Resolutions, Revolutions, and Doing Something



Happy New Year ya'll!


Now that we've began a new year, I decided there was no better time to make some adjustments in my life. But, the idea of resolutions always seemed a bit odd to me.I'm not sure I have much to resolve as much as I have to create. So instead of resolutions, I think it's time to make revolutions.


                                 
                                 
This kind of goes along with the #OneWord365 goals you may have seen popping up on other blogs. For these revolutions, I think there is one word they all surround. 

Do.

I want to do something, whether that means creating, being present, or simply just doing the things I love. I want to be a doer, not something that lets the world pass me by. What does this mean? 

In 2017 I want to...







Do Something and Do it Well

As a full-time student, part-time worker, I have a lot of duties that pull me in every direction. Sometimes, though I hate to admit it, I do put my school a little behind due to frustration, exhaustion, and general laziness. Sometimes I spend my Saturdays playing Overwatch instead of reviewing for an exam by telling myself "I deserve this". This year I want to create the kind of academic profile that matches the person I want to be. The kind of academic record of a person that would make Leslie Knope proud.



                                        





Do something active



                                          


I'm 21 years old. I love booze, junk food, and video games. I tend to not really pay attention to the long-term effects that my lifestyle will take on if I continue. This isn't a "lose weight" type of thing though. This is a more, "put real food in your mouth instead of a 5 dollar burger" and "see the outside world a little more" type of thing. Contrary to popular belief, I won't be Forever 21 and even now, I should be able to do some physical activity without dying. Also, it'd be pretty great to not have my doctor yell at me. 



Do things for and with others


                                          


I was blessed with the most amazing people in my life. Yet, sometimes I feel myself taking them for granted. I catch myself checking my phone while in conversations, playing games instead of watching movies with Jonathan, or just avoiding plans because I'm too lazy/stressed/anxious/etc. to actually go out. I want to change how I see the people in my life, show more appreciation for them, and put more effort in them than my selfishness.



JUST DO IT


                                      



If you follow me on any form of social media, you know I love a lot of things. But I do catch myself "never getting around" to doing things. Movies go unseen, books go unread, crafts go unfinished, (blog posts go unposted....). This year I want to be a doer, a creator, an interesting person. I want to push myself to be the person I'd want to hang around. The type of person who has a story to tell and who has things they do instead of just waiting for life to happen to them.  


What are some of your goals for the new year? Do you have a word for 2017? Let's chat about it!



Always, Raineedayze 

No comments:

Post a Comment