Tuesday, January 31, 2017

January Check-In and February Goals


                                

Happy last day of January!

For this post, I decided to take a look at how I did with my goals in January and look ahead to my goals for February. To read my 2017 goal list, click HERE.

Goal 1: Do Something and Do it Well
   
      This goal was all about school and work. I can definitely say I've been keeping on top of my classwork this month. That could be because it's the beginning of a new year, but I also feel so much calmer knowing that I have finished all I have to for the day by 8 p.m. and having the rest of the night to binge on Roswell. It's also nice to feel good about the work I turn in and showing off what I know I can do.

Goal 2: Do Something Active

      This goal was the tough one. I have been skipping the coffee for more tea or water and have been taking my lunch instead of buying Hot Cheetos (something my wallet is eternally grateful for). However, I still find myself eating when I'm bored or when I know I'm not really hungry. This is definitely something I have to work on.



Goal 3: Do Things for and With Others

       I did start putting down my phone more, especially when I have time with Jonathan. One thing about my new schedule is it only leaves me with a few hours to see him before I fall asleep for the night. It made me realize how precious our time is and I feel so much healthier for it. I am able to explore my hobbies and feel less tied to a false "connection" through my screen. Not to say that computer and phone time is bad, but it's nice to be around people in the real world. Which brings me to...

Goal 4: Just Do It

       I definitely started doing things I've been putting off. I started waking up earlier to just spend a few minutes to myself. I started watching shows and movies I've put off. I went to the movies for the first time in forever and enjoyed myself. I started becoming more independent by not relying on Jonathan to take me places. I've read way more books in the last month than I have in the past year. I love how I feel accomplishing this and can't wait to see what February has in store.

Goodreads Goal 


4/35 books! Yay!!

My February Goals




  • Blog more and more consistently 
    • I feel pretty confident in this goal despite my recent blogging hiccup. I feel with my planner keeping me on schedule and the surge of new audience members I have (I see you!) I have more of an obligation to make this blog as awesome as possible. It reminds me why I started blogging in the first place.
  • Save money
    • It's been super tough with all of our big holidays falling within a four month period. Between Christmas, our anniversary, my birthday, Valentine's Day, and Jon's birthday in March....it's a lot! I hope to cut back on spending and make do with what we have. I know we can do it if we try!
  •  Be more independent
    • It's been really tough with our conflicting schedules lately, and oftentimes because of that, I become even more dependent on Jonathan because the little bit I get from him is so precious. However, it's time I explored my own hobbies and started doing more things that benefit us instead of waiting for us both to be free. I often hold off on grocery shopping or running errands because I love going places with him or spending our time outside of the house. Yet, I don't love putting a strain on him when he gets out of work. This will be a huge transition, but I think I can do this.                         
What are some of your goals for February? How are your previous goals going? Let's chat in the comments!


Always, Raineedayze

No comments:

Post a Comment