Friday, May 5, 2017

5 Fandom Friday: Favorite Retro Games




It's 5 Fandom Friday, ya'll!!

This week's prompt comes from Kayla over at Epicfied


It's no secret that I love playing video games. Some of my favorite memories are playing Mario on the NES with my mom and playing Mortal Kombat on the N64. I'm pretty sure that's what shaped me into the gaming gremlin I am today!

Accurate


So, in no particular order, here are my top 5 favorite "retro" games.

5. Dig Dug


     Oh my how I loved this game. My mom bought me and my sister a joystick console to connect to our TV and I spent so many hours playing this game. Seriously, if you haven't played the game, it's silly and semi-pointless but it's my favorite thing ever!

4. Donkey Kong Land (Gameboy)


      This is probably still one of my all time favorite games. I played this game so much, my mother had to take away my Gameboy just to make sure my eyes wouldn't physically burn out. I remember carrying my GameBoy everywhere just to play this game. I really miss that thing...

3. Super Mario World


     Fun fact! I actually have been playing this for a while now thanks to Jonathan's mod on my Wii! Once I booted it up, I immediately cried. I know, I'm such a weenie. But it was like my childhood had come flooding back. I remember playing this game so much as a kid and being able to share that awesome memory as an adult with the love of my life was just so.....awesome.

2. Ms. Pac-Man


     Um....hello?! She was the absolute best! My mom happens to be one of the greatest Ms. Pac-Man players I have ever met and I remember watching her play this game at the laundromat and manage to pretty much get the highest scores ALL THE TIME. Yeah, My mom is the best.

1. Space Invaders


      There is no retro gaming list that could be complete with these little critters. I love the art style, the iconic logo, and the simplicity of this game. I even made Jonathan a Space Invaders magnet for our first Valentine's Day together! 


What are some of your favorite retro games? Let's chat in the comments or tweet me @raineedayze! Also be sure to check out Kayla's blog and Megan's blog!


Always, Raineedayze

No comments:

Post a Comment