Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Raineedayze Reads: The Upside of Unrequited


Hey guys!


So remember how I said in my last post that I had been reading a TON more? I'm nearly halfway through my yearly goal of 35!


I chose 35 because, since my schedule is always changing, I wanted to be able to at least meet my goals. Plus, I feel like recently my attention span has been lacking. I think I spend way too much on my phone and so I wanted to ease myself into reading more and maybe cutting out mindlessly scrolling through Facebook. 


As of right now, I am at 12 books read!


                                   


The last book that I read was The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli.



      


Guys.


This book was awesome!!


The book follows Molly, a girl who has had 26 unrequited crushes. Her twin sister Cassie has always been smooth with the ladies but meets a girl who may have her on her toes. Molly meets Reid, a cute nerdy guy, and Will, a hot hipster dude. With all the new boys and the changing relationship with her twin sister, Molly has a lot on her mind and things are only going to keep changing.  


This book was great! I loved the diverse cast. There were LGBT characters, characters of different ethnicities, a main character who was chubby, mentally ill characters,and so much more. What I really loved about the diversity was that the characters were not "token" characters. The queer characters were not defined by their relationships as much as they were by their actual personalities. This book also mirrored real life in some of the current events that were portrayed in the book. I really loved the contemporary feel to it.


For: Fans of Simon vs. The Homosapien Agenda, people who just love cute love stories


Thanks so much to Owlcrate for featuring it in your April box! I can't wait to read more fun books!




Overall Review: 5/5 


Have you read The Upside of Unrequited? If so, what are your thoughts? Let's chat in the comments!


Add me on Goodreads


Always, Raineedayze

No comments:

Post a Comment