Sunday, May 28, 2017

Raineedayze Reads: To All The Boys I Loved Before Trilogy


Hello sweeties!

I just, and I mean JUST, finished up the third book in this series and I really wanted to get my review up before my May Wrap-Up post!

I know I'm slightly late to this Jenny Han party, but oh my goodness, this trilogy was beautiful.



The series starts off with To All the Boys I've Loved Before, which follows Lara Jean Song Covey, a Korean-American teenager living with her two sisters and father, on the cusp of her sister's departure to college. Lara Jean is a sentimental girl, who has a hatbox of her favorite memories. She also has a habit of writing letters to all the boys she's ever loved and putting them in the hatbox, never to see the light of day. But, when her letters mysteriously get sent out to all the boys, Lara Jean comes face to face with her heart.


The second book in the series, P.S. I Still Love You, follows up directly after the events in the first book. Without giving too much away, this book allows us to really understand the motivations behind characters and see them as more than how they first appeared. I read through this book in one night because I couldn't put it down.


The final book in this trilogy, Always and Forever, Lara Jean, follows Lara Jean in her senior year and her prospective future. This book took me longer to read, due to outside obligations, but the ending made me cry. It was such a great note to end this trilogy on and I felt it was tied together so nicely. 


This series as a whole was incredible. The family bond between the Song girls and their father was well-written and had me texting my sisters to tell them I love them. The single father taking care of his three girls was also a very interesting dynamic. I grew up with a single mom so the entire dynamic of being a kid while also having to take on more responsibilities, such as taking care of your siblings and being there for each other, was very familiar.

Also, this series made me so hungry!! While reading this, I baked muffins, cookies, pancakes, cakes.....Darn you, Lara Jean!!

The books displayed a lot of character growth, even for the minor characters and by the end, everyone had full-fledged stories and motivations and it was so wonderful to be immersed in this series for a bit.

Overall Review: 5/5 

What are your thoughts on this series? Which book was your favorite? Let's chat in the comments or tweet me @raineedayze!


Follow my reading journey on Goodreads



Always, Raineedayze

No comments:

Post a Comment